Thursday, July 29, 2010

Kendra's Knockout Workout

Be A Knockout with Kendra
I tried Be A Knockout with Kendra for the first time last night.  I was pretty skeptical at first, but after viewing the preview of it on Amazon I thought it looked upbeat and fun.  It was delivered on Tuesday, so I decided to try it out last night.

Overall, the workout was great.  It left me feeling sweaty, tired, and motivated to do more!  The DVD comes with 6 sports themed segments.  I think each segment is around 5-6 minutes in length, plus there is a warm-up and cool down.  You can choose to 'create your own' workout and mix and match segments, or you can 'play all' and do the complete workout.  I chose the complete workout option.

The warm-up was pretty easy and Kendra and the trainer laugh and joke most of the time.  The first segment was kickboxing and it was very easy.  Very low energy puches and kicks and not much cardio other than the 'base move', which is jogging in place.  I was beginning to be skeptical, but by the time I got through the 3rd segment I wanted to turn the DVD off.  No, not because I was bored... because I wasn't sure I could make it through another segment.

Though I , unfortunately, can't say I am the most fit person out there.. this workout defininitely was uncomfortable towards the end.  It pushed my cardio and strength to the next level.

Basically, if you can get past the fact that Kendra is in this workout and don't mind her forced comments or smile... this is a really effective and fun sports themed workout.

Here is a summary of my review:

Pro's:

  • Lots of options for workouts with the chaptered index and 'create your own' feature
  • Total workout is less than 40 mins for all segments
  • Good cardio conditioning
  • Ok strength conditioning using own body weight
  • Fun sports related drills
Con's:

  • Slow pace in the warm-up and kickbox segments
  • Kendra does a 'silly' base move (ie some type of booty shake) during each segment
  • Kendra says " If I can do it, you can do it!" (insert fake smile) over and over and over and over
  • Other general 'Kendra-isms'

No comments:

Post a Comment