Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dukan Diet: Attack Phase - Day 2

Overall, Day 2 went pretty well.  I ate according to my plan and did not feel hungry during the day.  The only time I was hungry was after not eating from 3:30pm until 9:30pm.  I managed to drink my water and I took the stairs down 5 floors today.  I still haven't managed to motivate myself to take the stairs up in the morning with my heavy work bag.  Maybe tomorrow!

My Menu:

Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (no yolks.. I don't like them), Non fat yogurt, Coffee w/ splenda and skim milk
Lunch: 1 turkey roll up with mustard, 1 ham roll up with fat free cream cheese, non fat yogurt
Snack: 1 turkey roll up with mustard, 1 ham roll up with mustard, non fat yogurt
Dinner: Baked chicken with fat free cream cheese mixed with garlic seasonings and onions, 1/2 savory Dukan pancake, 1/2 sweet Dukan pancake, fat free yogurt

I realized that I eat a lot of yogurt!  I hope the yogurt doesn't get old after a couple days.  I am curious if non fat creamer is allowed on pure protein days (PP).  On my coaching site there are live chats every day of the week.  I might try to sign up for one this week and ask that question.  I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed.. but not all non fat dairy products are on the list. For now, I make my coffee at home with skim milk because at work we only have fat free creamer.  I am really trying to follow everything by the book.

Today I reflected on the fact that food is for energy and nutrition... not for pleasure.  Usually I focus too much on the emotional pleasure purposes of food.  I am still processing this thought about food being more for nourishment...

I also had a fleeting thought today about really valuing food.  It's starting to feel good to me to actually prepare some things to eat.. even if they are small.  Taking the time to prepare the food properly makes me respect it more.  Again, another thought I'm working on processing...

~*~

I had a couple cravings today one for pizza for about 3 seconds.  The thought literally popped into my head and out.  The other was for vegetables.  I really wanted some celery for my cream cheese... which is weird because I don't even eat or like celery!

Why I don't like celery:
When I was about 5 years old I was chomping on celery while watching a Charlie Brown special on TV with my dad.  My mom wasn't home at the time... it had to be like 8 o'clock at night... maybe she was working?  Anyhow.. I remember the music came on and I started dancing around the living room in front of the coffee table.  I must have been really excited because I was dancing so fast that I took a huge gulp of air and sucked in the celery and choked.  My dad saved me. I kinda blacked out I think, so I don't really remember what / how he saved me.  I just remember not being able to breathe and my dad freaking out... and then he was pulling celery out of my throat. Even after he removed the celery from my throat I still felt like I couldn't breathe.  I think it was my first panic attack.  He called the emergency nurse and she told him to put me in some cold air to open my airways.  The porch was covered in snow, but he opened the sliding door and made me stick my head out into the air.  I had to stay there for a long time while he talked to the nurse more.  I guess they determined that I could breathe and would live.  My mom came home shortly after and was pretty much hysterical when my dad told her what just happened.  I remember my throat hurting and feeling really upset and crying to my mom.   I pretty much vowed then and there to never eat celery again.

~*~

Results:
Weight: -3lbs; I must carry a lot of water weight.  It doesn't matter to me that this is just water weight... it's motivating to see the scale go down for the first time in months.
Inches: -1 waist; -1.5 hips; -1 arms; -1 thighs.   Again, this is just water being flushed out.  Amazing what even a difference a little water can make in measurements.

I only felt dizzy one time today in the afternoon.  I attribute this to not eating for a while and being overall stressed today with lots of tension in my muscles around my shoulders and neck.  I also felt like I had more energy today than yesterday.  I am going to try to run tomorrow and I will see how I do given the circumstances.  Dr. Dukan does not recommend strenuous exercise during the Attack phase... however, I'm going to try to at least push myself a little tomorrow!  I'll let you know how I do.

~*~

It's only been two days and I am amazed by the outpouring of support I have received.  I want to give a shout out to everyone that is reading my blog and giving me their support!  It really means the world to me and helps motivate me even more to know that other people are cheering me on :)  Thank you!!!

~*~

I hope this blog gets better once I get more into it!!  It's taking me a while to get going.. but.. keep checking back.  I hope to post some more interesting things soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment