Monday, August 15, 2011

Dukan Diet: Cruse Phase - Days 1 - 4

I started the Cruise phase of the Dukan Diet on Friday 8/12/11.  Just to review, during the Cruise phase you alternate days of Pure Protein (PP) eating (same as the Attack phase) with days of Protein + Vegetables (PV).  You alternate these days until you reach your true weight.  The website calculated my true weight for me, which was different (higher) than my usual goal weight.  Your true weight is supposed to be a weight you can comfortably maintain for the rest of your life.  It is based on your history, bone structure, genetics, etc.  According to my online coaching plan, in total, I was to lose 15.5lbs.  I was estimated to lose 3.1lbs during Attack phase and 12.4lbs during the Cruise phase.  As a recap, over the 4 day Attack phase I lost 5.6lbs, which was 2.5lbs over my estimated loss.  I am supposed to be 'Crusing' for 49 days to lose 12.4lbs.  Dr. Dukan states that if you reach your estimated true weight before your cruising phase is over, then your true weight might have been calculated too high. There is always room for error in how the body/weight equation works. Regardless, you should follow the cruise phase for the full amount of time. That means, I am on this cruising journey for the next 49 days!  Let's see what happens.


I had some technical difficulties with the Dukan coaching website this past week.  Luckily, I also had the book to reference for the Cruise Phase. I forgot to submit my daily report on Thursday night so I was not sent new instructions for Friday. I contacted customer service and they were super helpful with correcting this problem.  I was relieved until Saturday, when I did not receive updated instructions again even after submitting my daily report on time.  I emailed customer service regarding the issue.  Customer service does not work over the weekends, but they responded today and again were super nice.  Everything seems to be back on track now!

~*~
I had three challenges this weekend.

The first was my out-of-town friend visited me on Friday night and Saturday morning.  This covered Cruise Day 1 - PV and Cruise Day 2 - PP.

We went out to eat at The Church Brew Works on Friday night.  I managed to stay on course with my PV day as much as possible.  I ordered Bison and mushroom meatloaf with spinach and carrots.  I know there was probably some hidden carb fillers in the meatloaf and probably oils or butter in the vegetables, but I still consider this a success.  The meatloaf came with mashed potatoes and I asked to substitute for a healthier option that was on my plan.  I also refrained from any alcoholic beverages and enjoyed a Diet Coke instead.  Even though this place is known for it's local microbrews.

On Saturday morning we went to breakfast at Pamela's.  Pamela's is another Pittsburgh favorite known for their crepes and variety of breakfast foods served cash only.  Staying with my PP day, I ordered 2 eggs and a ham slice.  I opted out of their 'world famous lyonnaise potatoes' and the local Mancini bakery bread.  Instead, I asked for tomato slices to accompany my meals.  Yes, tomato slices are considered a 'cheat' technically on a PP day however I did not eat any other veg the rest of the day.  Considering the alternatives though, I believe this was a HUGE success.

The second challenge came Sunday - Cruise Day 3 PV -  when I went to an art festival in Ohio for the day.  My friend from Indiana, PA took the drive out and came with me.  It was 12:45 and we were starving.  We didn't eat breakfast because we got on the road too early... just had some coffee to take with us.  There were so many festival food options.  Luckily though, we only had about $7 cash between us... which wasn't enough to buy food there.  My friend suggested we buy a fry and split it.  I politely refused and told her I would wait until we left the festival to get food, but that she should get whatever she likes for herself.  I bought a Diet Coke and after we left the festival I ordered a grilled chicken salad with fat free balsamic dressing.  Success!

The third challenge came Sunday night when I met my in-laws for dinner.  They wanted to meet at a park and bring pizza and fruit salad for everyone.  My husband was really supportive of my desire to be included yet stay on track with things.  He ordered me chicken lettuce wraps and picked them up on the way to the park!  That way I had my own meal, but could still be included.  I didn't even care about the pizza!
~*~

I have been more hungry lately, especially today....and craving some things not on the list.  I think this is mostly an emotional reaction to stress right now at work and in life.  I also feel like I am getting sick.  I am not happy about this.  I worry this could be due to the change in diet... a lot less antioxidants from no fruit and less veg.  I am going to make it a point to take my vitamins everyday... they have an antioxidant complex in them.  I am also going to take Vitamin C.  I was staying away from it because 2 tablets were 30 calories and have sugar in them... I know this is stupid.  I felt that I was cheating by taking them!  I need to get over that and not be so extreme.  I hate being sick and it is making me feel unmotivated to work out.  I came home from work today and took a nap.  I had all the intentions of going to the gym afterwards, but my head feels so congested and my throat hurts.  Maybe I can try to go tomorrow and just walk even.  As an activity today.. I did do the stairs in my building!  I have been working up motivation to take the stairs up and down all day.  I did today :)

~*~
Results:
Weight:
-5.6lbs Attack
-1.2lbs Cruise Days 1-3
-6.8lbs Total to Date!

Measurements:
-1.5 Waist, -2.5 Hips, -1 Arm, -1 Thigh

No comments:

Post a Comment