Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dukan Diet: Attack Phase - Day 3

I'm going to jump right to the results today because they are exciting!

Results:
Weight: -1.8lb (-4.8lb total)... again... who knew I have so much water.. but I don't care!
I did not take my measurements again.  But I will after Day 4 and get a total for the Attack Phase.

~*~
Today went pretty well.  I had more cravings than the first two days for food that aren't on my plan right now.  Especially pretzels.  I think I have a pretzel addiction!  At work, we have bags and bags of pretzels... as the only snack food!  I would eat those every day in the afternoon as a snack / break from work.  Now, I have to actually deal with being at work and the afternoon slump in a way that doesn't involve reaching for food.  Another emotional barrier to overcome.   I made it through without eating anything not on my list... success.

I decided to try to run again today.  I have been training for a 5k and am doing pretty well overall.  I ran outside with a friend and could not make it very far.  It definitely took a lot out of me.  I was upset that I wasn't able to make it further... which I felt was due to my diet and lack of energy.  However, there were other factors too.. such as running outside vs. on a treadmill!  So it's hard to say really what was the culprit.  All I know is that when I got home I felt exhausted like I was going to pass out.  I laid down for a while and read and felt better after about 30 minutes or so. I can see why Dr. Dukan says no exercise other than brisk walking.... I made it though!

~*~

Today I was slightly more creative with eating.   Besides my usual hard boiled eggs, 3-4 yogurts and lean deli ham and turkey... I made a more creative chicken dish!

To shredded leftover baked chicken I added onion (allowed in attack.. not sure why), hard boiled egg, and a dressing of 'mayo' that included 1 liquid pasteurized egg white, salt and pepper, splenda, 3 tablespoons of plain non-fat greek yogurt, curry powder and mustard.  I mixed it all together then added more curry, cumin, turmeric, and a hint of nutmeg seasonings.

I am not a big fan of strong meat flavors.  I felt that the chicken was a little too 'meaty' flavored for me.. but overall this is pretty good!  I also found that by heating it.. it made the chicken taste a bit milder.

I also took a probiotic and multivitamin today.

Tomorrow is my final Attack phase day!  Go Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment